give a miss call on
Rajpura, Punjab - Chitkara University - Chitkara School of Liberal Arts
About the Role
The newly launched Chitkara School of Liberal Arts at Chitkara University (CSLA) invites applications for full-time Assistant/Associate Professors (education-track) positions with teaching and research expertise located at the intersection of Liberal Arts, within the context of global studies and digital transformation.
At CSLA, we offer a suite of integrated majors and individualised minors at the undergraduate level for students enrolled in the School. In this regard, we seek applications and expressions of interests from genuinely interested faculty willing to be part of a young school and rapidly growing team, interested in teaching and living in one of the safest and most progressive cities in North India. Chitkara School of Liberal Arts seeks faculty with a cross-disciplinary perspective and a collaborative spirit across Liberal Arts disciplines.
As more majors and minors will be gradually added, we currently look for faculty in,
• English Language
• Comparative Literature and Creative Writing
• Political Sciences
• International Relations
• Cultural Studies
• Ph.D in Philosophy / International Relations / Cultural Studies / English, Comparative Literature and Creative Writing / Political Science / Sociology / Economics / Mathematics or in a cognate discipline located at the intersection of liberal arts, global studies and digital transformation is preferred.
• A record of excellence in teaching and supervision at the undergraduate level.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• A record, or promise, of high-quality research and publication.
• Ideally exposure to, or an interest in, the liberal arts at the undergraduate level.
Applicants Should Be Able to –
• Integrate his or her research expertise to deliver courses pertaining to the integrated Majors and our compulsory undergraduate foundation level courses, that cover the following themes – Social Sciences & Development Studies, Humanities & Cultural Knowledge, Natural & Physical Sciences, Languages & Communication, Entrepreneurship & Business Studies.
• Serve as academic and dissertation advisor, mentor for undergraduate students who choose to pursue advanced individualised majors or individualised minors in their fields of preference.
• Collaborate with discipline specialist faculty to design the integrated programs offered as part of the individualised Major curriculum, and teach core and elective courses in their area of expertise that is part of the graduate program.
Conceptualise and execute high-quality research at the intersection of liberal arts, entrepreneurship, digital transformation, and global studies.
• Collaborate in building a dynamic, collegial environment, and contribute to the intellectual life of CSLA, build interdisciplinary dialogue and exchange with colleagues from other Schools (such as Business, Computing and Information Systems, Economics, Law, Education, Culinary Arts, Fine Arts, Design, Creative Practice, Health Sciences etc.); and participate in the extra and co-curricular life on campus.
About Chitkara School of Liberal Arts
Chitkara School of Liberal Arts (CSLA) at Chitkara University, is a distinctive liberal arts institution located near the beautiful and most progressive city of Northern India, Chandigarh. Committed to imparting quality education, fulfilling teaching learning experiences, CSLA offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programs across various disciplines. The School is a centre and incubator for interdisciplinary teaching and research at the University, with an intellectually diverse faculty representing a wide range of disciplines.
Chitkara School of Liberal Arts strives to pursue excellence in teaching-learning, scholarship, cultural and community engagement by combining the best of Indian and Western liberal arts traditions. A broad curriculum covering an array of courses in liberal education, interdisciplinary arts and sciences, human and transferable skills, undergrad research opportunities and taught programs across disciplines, accommodates students from a wide socio-cultural background. Creating opportunities in choice-based education, combining real-life experiences with contemporary skills, our liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised integrated disciplinary studies. We are focused on providing mentoring, small class sizes with close student-faculty interactions; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experiences.
For more information about Chitkara School of Liberal Arts, kindly visit – https://www.chitkara.edu.in/liberal-arts/
How to Apply
We invite candidates to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, contact details of three referees, and two samples of written work, published in English.
In case of any query, feel free to get in touch with Ms. Diksha Sharma on +91- 9875998716
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interaction. We envision interviews and campus visits to take place in September 2022, with the expected start date for the successful candidate to be from November 2022 onwards.
Salary and Other Benefits
Salary and benefits, such as housing allowance and research support, are highly competitive and commensurate with academic experience.
Experience: 0-10 Years
Job Type: Full Time
Domain: Education/ Teaching